3th Multidisciplinary Pain Symposium
Headache, midfacial pain, neck pain, postoperative pain and posttraumatic pain; specialists of all types are confronted almost daily with the diagnosis and management of acute and chronic headache and neck pain.
During this 3th Multidisciplinary Pain Symposium, which will be held in Utrecht on December 7, 2018, several leaders in the field, but with a different specialist background, will come together to promote a better understanding of the pathophysiology of acute and chronic pain in the head and neck area and to critically review the current state-of-the-art practice in diagnosis and treatment of headache and neck pain.
- Discuss current evidence-based management strategies for treating several types of pain in the head and neck area
- Describe the pathophysiology, clinical presentation, and treatment of several types of headaches
- Identify new techniques and technologies for pain management in the head and neck area
- Provide an update on image-guided procedures and radiofrequency techniques
- Demonstrate current surgical techniques for treating headache and neck pain
- Discuss case studies on patients with headache and neck pain
Accreditation points: 6
Health care professionals who seek the latest developments in pain medicine of the head and neck area including anesthesiologists, neurologists, otolaryngologists, pain specialists, rehabilitation specialists, orthopedic surgeons, neurosurgeons, palliative care specialists, primary care physicians, maxillofacial surgeons and dentists will benefit from this program.
We hope to have the pleasure to welcoming you in Utrecht on December 7!
on behalf of the Faculty and Sander de Ru
Peter JFM Lohuis
Otolaryngologist / Oncological Head Neck Surgeon