|SAVE THE DATE
Since more than 30 years, treatment of head and neck cancer has been centralized in The Netherlands. Each patient is discussed in and treated by a multidisciplinary team of medical professionals, all highly trained in head and neck oncology according to international guidelines. Clinical outcome of head and neck cancer patients in The Netherlands is one of the best in the world.
In this three days course we aim to share with you our more than 30 years of experience of a MultiDisciplinary Team (MDT) approach using up-to-date diagnostic and treatment regimens, like proton therapy, immunotherapy and robot surgery. We will focus on complicated patients and complex tumors, for which personalized treatment/tailored treatment is necessary.
This advanced course is meant for medical professionals with basic experience in head and neck oncology who want to incorporate multidisciplinary decision making and up-to-date diagnostics and therapy into daily patient care. Besides plenary and parallel sessions, multidisciplinary tumor board simulations will be performed, discussing straightforward and also difficult cases.
A selection of topics
• Multidisciplinary approach: what does it mean?
• MDT in tailored treatment of older HNSCC patients
• MDT approach in complex cutaneous SCC
• Multidisciplinary aspects of palliative care
• 3D planning in HN surgery
• Decision making in the reconstruction of large defects
• When choosing for proton therapy?
• When choosing for immunotherapy?
• Adverse events after head and neck cancer treatment: how to prevent and how to handle?
• MDT approach in malignant skull base tumors
• MDT to decide between TORS or radiotherapy?
• Multidisciplinary approach in scientific researc
Gyorgy Halmos, MD, PhD, Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon, UMCG
Boudewijn Plaat, MD, PhD, Otolaryngologist, Head and Neck Surgeon, UMCG
Anne van den Hoek, MD, Radiation Oncologist, UMCG
More information can be found on our website.
You can easily register for this event by clicking the link below.
We look forward to meeting you in Groningen in 2023!